Volunteer at Buda Public Library
Join our team of volunteers! Volunteering at the Buda Public Library is an excellent way to work with your community, build up your work or college resume, and have fun!
Steps to become a Buda Public Library Volunteer:
1. Fill out a Buda Public Library Volunteer form. This can be printed online or picked up from the Buda Library front desk. Applications will be turned in at orientation.
2. Come to a volunteer orientation date. Orientations let you know what to expect and how to sign up for shifts! It takes less than 30 minutes to complete. All volunteer applications should be turned in at orientation. Click here to see our orientation calendar.
3. Once you attend orientation, you can sign up for volunteer shifts!
Frequently Asked Questions
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
Volunteers must be 13 years old or older. Volunteers that are younger but are members of the National Junior Honor Society may request permission to volunteer.
Do I have to attend orientation?
Yes. Orientation is required for all volunteer shifts.
What if I can't attend an upcoming orientation?
What if I need hours for court-ordered community service?
If you need court-ordered community service, please e-mail budaHR@budatx.gov.
How many hours can I expect to get and how quickly?
This can depend on what we've got going on at the library! Volunteers may request 2 shifts per week. Shifts vary between 1-2.5 hours long. The library hosts many larger events that do give volunteers the opportunity to get 3-4 hours in an afternoon but this is dependent on our event calendar.
Have more questions? E-mail email@example.com
Once you attend orientation, you are eligible to schedule shifts! Take a look at it and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
- Patty: Shelving Adult Items or Kit Inventory
1:00pm - 3:00pm Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Gina: Shelving and Maintaining Shelf Order - Children's Items
4:00pm - 6:00pm Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Mary Jane: Shelving or Housekeeping - Adult Items
6:00pm - 7:30pm Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Luke (needs training): Shelving and Maintaining Shelf Order - Children's Items
2:00pm - 3:30pm Friday, June 2, 2023
- OPEN: Shelving and Maintaining Shelf Order - Children's Items
3:30pm - 4:30pm Friday, June 2, 2023