September is National Library Card Sign Up Month!
A Buda Public Library card is one of the best school supplies you can get this year! With your library card, you can enjoy books, movies, audiobooks, magazines and loads of online materials including e-books and e-audiobooks.
Pop over to the library on Thursday, September 19th between 5:00-7:00 pm and show us your library card for a free caricature painting and other fun goodies!
Your Library Card
Who Can Get a Card
All Hays County residents can get a free Buda Public Library Card by providing a photo ID (e.g. driver license) with current address or an ID and proof of current residence in Hays County (a current bill mailed to your address). A parent or guardian must sign for children under 16.
For those living outside of Hays County, there is a yearly $15 fee (effective 10-1-2011).
There is a $3 charge to replace a lost library card.
How to Get Your Card
Come fill out an application at the library. Be sure to have your picture ID; if your ID doesn't have your current address, bring something with your name and correct address on it (like a bill, check, lease agreement, etc.).
- First visit - there is a 2 item limit for first-time borrowers.
- Once those items are returned there is a 20-item limit.
- Videos (DVDs and blu-rays) are limited at 5 per family.
- Videos and magazines are checked out for one week. All other items are checked out for 2 weeks.
- Parents are responsible for items borrowed by children under the age of 16.